A BALANCED LIFE IS A HEALTHY LIFE
You know this already – Moderation is the Key To a Healthy Life. It really is that simple. And finding balance starts with a basic plan comprised of a few easy steps.
- Identify the things you do a little too much of, and the things you could use a little more of
- Implement one change at a time
- Whether you think that you’ve cracked the code “of you,” and have struck the perfect balance, or that you’re eating too much sugar, dealing with too much stress, or not getting enough sleep, there are actions you can take to create better personal balance. The areas up for review are diet and nutrition, physical activity, stress reduction, good sleep hygiene, and regular health screenings.
- Benefits of the Mediterranean Diet. Check your score:
WHAT YOU NEED TO REMEMBER
Creating balance is something to be done over a period of time. Good Health is very much like a savings account—if you put a little something away every day, or every week, it’s going to be there for you in your time of need. Doing too much too soon can backfire. Try not bite off more than you can chew.
NURTURE YOUR BODY, MIND, EMOTIONS AND SPIRIT
- Eat foods that nourish your body such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Sleep 6-8 hours per night.
- Spend time each day in nature: walk, bike, hike, swim.
- Take a Sabbath. Spend one day per week without using a cell phone, fax, TV, computer, etc. Spend the day with loved ones or in quiet contemplation. Avoid driving for one whole day.
- Drink water throughout the day (add a fresh squeezed lemon to enhance the taste).
- Try turning off the news and talk shows that focus on negative reports which promote fear and anxiety.
- Watch movies that are uplifting and review your sense of hope.
- Pick a Mantra and use it throughout the day.
- Each night before going to sleep write down five things for which you are grateful.
- Sleep to your personal mantra; repeat it in your mind over and over again until it gently rocks you to sleep.
MORE WAYS TO BEGIN