Pacific Pearl La Jolla is a remarkable hub for Integrative Health and Medicine clinical care, education and research, located in La Jolla, California. It is home to several organizations including Guarneri Integrative Health.
Integrative Medicine is an approach to care that puts each patient at the center and addresses the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual and environmental influences that affect their health.
1) Guarneri Integrative Health, Inc. – is a premier Integrative health and wellness center at Pacific Pearl La Jolla. Their team of experts brings together conventional, integrative and natural medicine in care that is personalized, participatory and pro-active to transform your health.
2) Our studio/educational center features lectures, retreats, classes, seminars and special events for local, national and international education. We are committed to educating the world about the science of health. The educational wing for Integrative Medicine education and research with a lecture/meeting space, fully equipped for video and global streaming, and demo kitchen.
3) Holistic & Integrative Medicine Resources, Inc., is the Pacific Pearl La Jolla related business entity.
4) Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM) – is an interprofessional association of integrative clinicians and educational programs and resources. aihm.org
5) Consciousness & Healing Initiative (CHI) – is an international collaborative accelerator forwarding transdisciplinary science and real-world application of consciousness and healing practices. chi.is
6) Miraglo Foundation – is a not-for-profit public charity providing healthcare and education to the under-served in the U.S. and globally and providing innovative Integrative Medicine education and research. miraglofoundation.org
Primary to our mission at Pacific Pearl La Jolla is the clinical practice, Guarneri Integrative Health, Inc. Imagine a place where cutting-edge conventional medicine meets the best of global healing traditions. Where body, mind and spirit are treated as one, and there is a focus on education. A place where health is defined as more than the absence of disease, and where prevention is considered the best intervention. Here you will find a unique blend of conventional, integrative and naturopathic medicine practitioners devoted to your health and healing. For patients, we also offer an on-site phlebotomy lab and IV infusion services. The center houses a wellness shop, far-infrared sauna, deep copper tub and other elements to enhance optimal health, wellness and healing potential. Our studio/educational center, featuring lectures, retreats, classes, seminars and special events for local, national and international education, is dedicated to bringing you the science of health.
Photo: in center, Co-Founders Mimi Guarneri MD, FACC. ABOIM (right center), Medical Director, and Rauni Prittinen King RN, with team 2018.
See our Treatments & Services here.
Meet Our Team here.
See Video Interviews of Our Experts here.
More about our studio and organizations here.
The pearl is the product of pain and wound that has been healed. As we accept the challenges in our own lives, we will also be building a string of precious pearls. The shell of the oyster is pierced, and an alien substance or grain of sand slips inside.
On the entry of the foreign irritant all the resources within the sensitive oyster rush to that spot and begin to release healing fluids that otherwise would have remained dormant. And, as the irritant sand is continually converged upon by the fluids a pearl is made…
“Pearls to Remember” by Barbara S. McDonagh
At Pacific Pearl La Jolla, we utilize the most current advances of modern medicine combined with effective traditional therapies. We believe in care that is personalized, participatory and pro-active – and our prevention and treatment programs are as unique as you.Our team is built of leaders in their fields with decades of experience. They also have the wisdom and resources to help you navigate the healthcare system with referrals to the best healthcare providers regionally and nationally.
Here are some quotes from patient letters…
“I was at Dr. Guarneri’s clinic in October , and was most fortunate to have an appointment with you, Dr. Cohen [D.O.], that day. You mainly worked on my hip area, and it led to 2 days of feeling like a normal person–after over 20 years of feeling far from that. It was obvious to me that you knew, intuited, what you were doing!!!” –Susan Walker, 2018.
“I sing the praises of your office wherever I go. I continue to be amazed by the exceptional level of service and devotion from everyone on your staff. Amazing.”
“Thank you so much for all the care you’ve given to my Mom and me! Your encouragement that I pursue yoga and meditation for anxiety and depression has changed my life toward good health and serenity.”
“You put me on a path to both physical and emotional wellness. You showed me that I had a say in my future, and that together, the two of us could work against what I saw as my destiny…You empowered me!”
“I thought I just needed to lose weight! As of a result of my involvement, I have “become” a Healing Touch practitioner, a meditator, a vegetarian, and thankfully a much healthier and calmer person. Blessings to you.”
“Your integrative approach to my care has made so much sense… you lead people to be more productive and happier and healthier.”
“My family and I have just completed viewing ‘The Science of Natural Medicine,’ an exceptional lecture –one that should be required viewing by all. I commend you for providing us with such a wonderful way of looking at food and medicine — thank you!” (Dr. Guarneri’s DVD set – link here)